DeerBeards Home

Friday, September 08, 2006

Venison The Choice of Champions

What's more natural than going out into the wild to scout, stalk, and kill your own food to survive? Would you rather have it processed in a commercial factory or raised on one of those modern animal farms? Grocery stores are filled nowadays with rows of chemically and hormonally injected meats that probably have a shelf life of six months. Personally, I like to know that my meat will rot and turn green if I don’t freeze it, or better yet, eat it ASAP. Besides what is better then taking the kill off the field and into the shop where you can instantly extract the loins and fry them up for evening supper. Knowing that my meat was just running through the woods earlier that day gives me great comfort in its purity and freshness.

Venison is considered the healthiest of the red meats because it is low in fat and high in iron and protein. It's also high in essential omega-3 fatty acids. The food facts on venison are impressive: a 4oz (110g) cut of venison is packed with B vitamins and contains 20 percent of the daily requirement of selenium and zinc; and venison contains only about 6 percent saturated fat, compared with 13 percent in lean beef and 27 percent in streaky bacon. Venison is also a good source of iron, important for pregnant and menstruating women, and growing children.

This is why I plan on filling my freezer full of venison steaks, chops, roasts, and jerky for the upcoming long, cold winter. Something about chewing on some tasty dried meat really gets my mouth salivating. The more I think about it, I am happy that there are all sorts of vegetarians and vegans out there...All the more for US!

To me it’s a “no brainer” and not everybody can handle the dedication and determination it takes to actually execute a successful hunting season. There are many advantages to hunting deer, not to mention the obvious. Besides, what could be better with an ice cold High Life "The Champagne of Beers" than a plate full of venison? Both of them “taste so good once they touch your lips”!



 
All Rights Reserved. DeerBeards.com home | about | ADMIN