DeerBeards Home

Friday, March 02, 2007

Support Global Warming Solutions

Global Warming has hypothetically placed humanity on a ticking time bomb. If the vast majority of the world's scientists are right, we have just ten years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet into a tail-spin of epic destruction involving extreme weather, floods, droughts, epidemics and killer heat waves beyond anything we have ever experienced.

I understand that Global Warming is a growing problem, but I live in Minnesota and we have had two major snow storms in 7 days. The latest storm dropped as much as 17 inches of snow in parts of the Twin Cities. In northern Minnesota, Finland got a reported 25 inches and Duluth got 18 inches.

Here was my personal wake up call this morning



I found it rather ironic when I finally made it to work this morning and sitting in my inbox was an email from the Minnesotans for Global Warming Solutions. I actually laughed out loud as I read their email discussing rising temperatures as the melting snow soaked through my boot and pants.

Consider This:

The morning News had reported that more than 350 schools and school districts reported class cancellations Friday. At the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, operations were "pretty much back to normal" by about 9:30 a.m. Friday, a day after 400 flights were canceled. The entire area was a complete mess.

Considering all the current weather conditions, I think the Minnesotans for Global Warming Solutions marketing effort might be met with a lot of laughs.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button



 
All Rights Reserved. DeerBeards.com home | about | ADMIN